Used Copiers in Chicago — Good Deal, IF…
May 30, 2010//Comments Off on Used Copiers in Chicago — Good Deal, IF…
Do you have a limited project which needs a copier for a shorter duration than the normal 3 to 5 year lease, or just a tighter budget and need to do more with less? If this is the case for you, a used copier in Chicago might be worth looking into. Before you go barrel out and buy a $3,000 copier, there are a few things you’ll want to check into.
- Like when buying a used car, check with the person or company and make sure they can sell the used copier (that it’s not under any kind of lease… this problem is normally only a question if buying from a private party…)
- Make sure the used copier has a 30 day warranty on all the whole device. This way when it gets installed at your location you can make sure everything works.
- Realize cost is a function of age, print counts and condition. Much like a used car. If a copier is 2 years old with 40,000 prints less than a copier that is 5 years old, the fact it’s only 2 years old will generally make the copier cost more money.
- Costs go down dramatically when you pass the typical 5 year lease window. (similar to how cars values drop dramatically if they have been in a wreck.) This is because the banks who lease these will purge them cheaply after the lease is over. The money they sell the used copier for is just gravy to them
- Call us for a used copier in Chicago!
If you have any questions about used copiers in Chicago, we’d be happy to help!