When thinking about what type of copier is best for you it is also important to decide if you want to lease or buy your copier. There are pros and cons to both sides of the argument and it’s up to you to decide what the best choice is. At Copier Chicago we want to arm you with the knowledge to decide if you should lease or buy your copier.
Pros to Leasing
- Leasing allows you to do monthly payments instead of having to pay a hefty sum upfront. This is a great option for businesses that do not have a lot of cash flow every month and need to keep costs down.
- Leasing will let you upgrade to newer technology once you lease ends. You can also often negotiate an upgrade if you start a new lease with the same company who you have already been working with.
Cons to Leasing
- Not matter how cheap your monthly payments are, you will most likely still be paying more in the long term.
Pros to Buying
- You own the copier outright. You are not beholden to any leasing company and are able to move on to other, more important aspects of your business.
Cons to buying
- You are now stuck with the copier you bought. You can’t return it when the lease is up, and it will be difficult to come up with the money for a new, better copier.
- You have to pay more upfront. It will often be cheaper in the long term, but you still have to come up with a large amount of capital for the purchase.
Deciding to lease or buy is only the decision of the business owner, and do not let pushy sales people make you think otherwise. Weigh the pros and cons and make the decision for yourself. And if you have any questions please contact us at Copier Chicago to help get your business working like it should.