Getting the Best Color from your Printer
April 27, 2017//Comments Off on Getting the Best Color from your Printer
If you have a color printer then there is a good chance that it’s a necessity for your business. Unfortunately, there’s also a good chance that you’re not getting the most out of your machine. Many people don’t take the necessary steps to make sure that they are getting the best color from their printer.
We are passionate about office machines at Copier Chicago and we want to help you understand how to get the most from your printer. If you follow these simple steps then you will start printing the brightest and boldest colors you’ve ever had.
- Set your print resolution. Make sure that it is as high as it can go. Most printers have settings that go as high as 1800 x 600 dpi, or even 2400 x 1200. More dpi means better pictures.
- Set your print driver. Make sure you change from the text setting to the photo setting. This will prepare your printer for a bolder image.
- Set print drive to full color. This will open a new range of colors available.
- Use Adobe PostScript print drive. Your greens, blues, and reds will be changed into cyan, magenta, yellow, and black values. This will create a fully color spectrum.
- Check your digital format. Jpeg, PDF, and PNG will create better images than TIFF or Bitmap photo.
Many people simply assume that your color printer will print with vibrancy automatically. Remember that your printer does not know what your goal is unless you program it to match your needs.