If you have a color printer then you should demand the best colors possible. The printers that are made by companies can produce some truly amazing colors. It no longer takes an expensive print shop to get photorealistic prints. If you know what you are doing then you can get amazing results right in your own office.
All you need to understand is that you need to set your printer up correctly. Some people never change their settings and then wonder why their colors are dull. There are different settings for printers to help them utilize specific jobs. If you set your printer up correctly then you can be sure to see some truly amazing results.
- Set your print resolution. Make sure that it is as high as it can go. Most printers have settings that go as high as 1800 x 600 dpi, or even 2400 x 1200. More dpi means better pictures.
- Set your print driver. Make sure you change from the text setting to the photo setting. This will prepare your printer for a bolder image.
- Set print drive to full color. This will open a new range of colors available.
- Use Adobe PostScript print drive. Your greens, blues, and reds will be changed into cyan, magenta, yellow, and black values. This will create a fully color spectrum.
- Check your digital format. Jpeg, PDF, and PNG will create better images than TIFF or Bitmap photo.